Most of the Essex destinations are in Xmas mode, so for something to do this weekend check out our Xmas Fayres in Essex, Father Christmas in Essex, Essex Christmas Lights and Christmas Pantomimes in Essex pages.
Visit our December Events in Essex page for some other ideas for what to do this weekend – our tips include
- lead up to the weekend with John Seeley’s Jazz and Saxophone Group Christmas Concert in Leigh, or Christmas with the Big Band in Westcliff
- there’s a Festive Forest Fayre at Queen Elizabeth’s Hunting Lodge in Chingford
- how about Sing-A-Long-A Frozen at Charter Hall in Colchester?
- the Christmas Concert at Ingatestone Hall on Saturday night features ome very talented artists performing together in the beautiful Stone Hall at Ingatestone Hall, supporting the British Liver Trust
- there is Kentwell’s Magical Christmas
- Dagenham will see over 500 santas at their Santathon
- bells a-jangling and hankies a-waving at lunchtime in Stock on Sunday with The Mayflower Morris Men of Billericay
- the Museum of Power has their annual Winter Wonderland
- there is a Winter Robin Fun Run at Rainham Marshes
If the weather’s a bit iffy, tie in a visit somewhere with a trip to the cinema – we have listings for some independent cinemas across Essex.